We incorporated the dance theme into our paper and left it there when we submitted it to a journal. Now one of the reviwers is raving about our use of a dance metaphor and wants us to expand on it! I hadn't realized how difficult I find it to write in the metaphorical trope -- to provide just enough imagery to allow readers to make connections in a way that expands their understanding. On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't be surprised. I prefer the ironic trope with its emphais on surfacing multiple meanings and analytical critique of what is omitted in the ongoing discourse -- quite the opposite of metaphor! I'll dance about -- breakdancing or merely waltzing with the words -- and finish writing it first thing tomorrow.
BTW, I altered the comment settings so now anyone should be able to leave a comment -- somone who doesn't have a gemail account, please try it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment