Friday, February 29, 2008
Panic sets in (for Jill)
The "Paradigmatic Partnership" paper has reached first draft stage -- and there's much to be done tomorrow before Ulla leaves! I'm in panic mode, because, to my reading, our argument has fallen apart -- or maybe it never really exisited. We're claiming that a paradigmatic analysis reveals potential areas for collaboration between design and management research, but at the moment I'm not convinced! There's LOTS more work to be done; it's a good thing I'm on sabbatical and can devote my time to hunting down refererences, reading obscure papers for needed details, and waiting for the inspiration that will put the finishing touch to our conclusions. Ulla is more sanguine. "Look at what a lot we've done," she says. "Two weeks ago we just had an abstract. Now we have 5,000 words and it's quite interesting." But," I say, "It's not good enough." "We'll see", she says, somewhat mysteriously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment