I went to campus -- and compared the facilities of the John F. Welch College of Business with those of the three other universities I had visited in the past week. No contest! But my US colleagues seemed genuinely pleased to see me and interested in my sabbatical tales. Some asked after my "fun" activities, others after my research. Of course gifts of chocolate helped!
I gathered up materials for the AACSB reports I promised to do, and have every intention of completing them as quickly as possible. I am at the mid-point of my sabbatical --and have research planned for the next three months.
One thing I didn't do was to make the first of the weekly phone calls Ulla and I have planned in order to keep each other informed on the status of our project obligations -- the day went by too fast. I consoled myself with the thought that it was a holiday -- May 1 and Asscension Day -- in Europe. It was not a work day! So I have no guilt about not doing any research work today.
I filled my gas tank and considered comparative gas prices: For $39 I can drive about 335 miles (small car, highway driving). Based on Ulla's car (mid-sized, city driving), I'd spend about $97 to drive this far in Sweden.
No comments:
Post a Comment