Saturday, July 26, 2008

Different waters

Jack and Bob Trefry have had a long-standing date to go sailing together. Today there was enough wind in the forecast and Bob's 26 ft Nonsuch class "Giodolito" won the toss. Mary and I sailed with them.

We arrived in Fairfield early so that I could go to my (old) office to collect some files and do a slew of printing. But, my new computer no longer connects to printer there –grrrr! I tried to reinstall the printer – no success -- grrrr! So I tried to print to the copier - no success there either (but I may not have had copier settings correct) – grrr! So I decided to abandon the project until I come to campus again on Thursday and someone will be around to help me.

Bob keeps his boat at the Fairfield town marina -- it's on G dock -- but where?




We found the boat and the Trefrys, cast off and motored put of the marina. Bob hoisted the sail -- that's not a drill but a battery operated winch-assist.At the end of the afternoon Jack let down the sail with a different technique.







We had a pleasant sail, past marker 2A to the entrance to Blackrock harbor and back, enjoyed good conversation (with very little shop talk) and delicious fruit and cheese that Mary produced from the galley.
Afterwards we went out to dinner at Jimmy's at Savin Rock in West Haven. One of us enjoyed a lobster!




Need I tell you we had a fun and relaxing day (well, after I left campus and forgot about printing!)

No comments: