Today I rounded out my professional interests by first working out the details of the "move analysis" for the genre of reflection essays on an international practicum. Then I worked on the draft abstract Ulla sent me earlier in the week for a paper critiquing Porter's value chain concept in favor of Normann's value constellation for submission to next year's European Academy of Design meeting. I fleshed it out a little, but need to do more work on it this weekend -- the abstract is due July 31. So now I'm reconnected with my in-process projects on discourse analysis in the context of learning about international business, statistical analysis related to decision making, conversations about the purpose of management educations, and conceputal development of design management theory. I'm not sure how I managed to acquire so many scattered interests!
I backed up my computer files before heading for Fairfield tomorrow and another session at the Factory to work on some of the (to me) alien ways of Vista. This was prompted by my attempt to purchase an updated verison of Endnote and coming up against inaccessible web pages when there was nothing wrong with my internet connection and the diagnostic instructed me to contact my system adminisitrator.
By the time I had tidied my paper files and gathered materials for my first meeting with the interim Dean tomorrow, the immediate past dean, Steve, arrived for a meal en route back to the Cape and to catch up on Monday's five minds meeting. We talked about things that need to be accomplished next year and possibilities for various assignments -- it was good to see him and get his advice.
It was a busy and productive day for me, but not one with intriguing stories or photos. By the way, there was no wind for sailing yet again (and some showers and thunderstorms) so another day went by without getting out on the water.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment