Friday, August 15, 2008

Almost the last Friday

It's the end of the week and I'm ready for the week-end. Last Monday seems far away and next Monday seems all too close. Is it worth reflecting -- or even listing -- the things that I did or did not do during the week?

I feel good about the donor-decisions project. Diana and I spent a couple of hours checking my data entry: the small number of minor errors (we checked ~500 of ~5000 entries) that we found though a systematic sampling are acceptable, so we do not need to check every entry. The database is now in her hands -- or on her desktop.

I didn't connect with Ulla on our paradignatic partnership --but that's OK. We'll work intensly when we need to. No bad feelings there.

And I won't think about my other partially completed research projects!

As to the "serious" part of my job, I have the premonition of the calm before the storm -- sometime soon I'm going to be accountable for all sorts of (seemingly) impossible things. If only I knew what they are!

I think I'll just enjoy the current state of affairs.

No comments: