I started work early today expecting to work diligently through the various materials I needed to prepare for tomorrow's A-sq (Administrative Affairs) meeting. I envisioned arriving on campus with a packet for someone to make copies while I went to the Factory to sort out my laptop-relations problems, i.e., it won't do what I ask it to!
All went smoothly for the first couple of hours. One page of my Day Book was taken up with a list of tasks and no sooner had I finished one, than I thought of something else -- my suite of reports was expanding to SER-proportions!
Then Ulla Skyped me and we started working on our chapter for the book of the Barcelona Narratives and Rhetoric Conference. I emailed Ulla what I had started, we looked at it together while we chatted, and a while later she sent back her ideas and I had new reactions. MUCH more fun than AACSB reports! Finally we divided up the next stage of the work and agreed to share what we had done later in the week. I could imagine Ulla getting right down to her part while I regretfully turned back to my obligatory work.
So, many hours later, I really have no idea exactly what I've created. I only know that either I should have begun this work last week, or I have still a week's worth of work. I just need to decide on the plot of the story I'm going to tell tomorrow. Will it be a tragedy, comedy, or satire? An adventurer on a quest, or a maiden crying for help and needing saving? Which one will appeal most to my audience?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it had better be the adventurer on a quest. your audience will never believe the helpless maiden scenario.
Post a Comment