Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fragments

I had such good intentions this morning -- generated by to-do lists in both my research and administrtivia notebooks. And for inspiration I had a new group of postcards organized around two (of the three) old postcards Lynda had given me (on left, top and bottom). An auspicious beginning.

There were a couple of emails that I HAD to do -- so I opened the adminsitrivia list. Two and a half hours later I switched to the other list and had less than an hour to work on the "Barcelona irony chapter" before heading for Essex to spend an hour (I timed it) signing documents in the Bank Trust Office. I felt good afterwards, and this was certainly "productive work" -- but hardly qualified as research!

After a quick lunch it was Wind 'n Go -- and a good sail. The wind was good for a course along the north shore of Fisher's Island, but we'd forgotten the GPS, and were leary of the Clumps (a series of rocks of greater and lesser size running parallel to the shoreline) so just went around gong 20.

Back at the computer I tried yet again to install all the features of my home printer on my new laptop, without success. I hope HP technicians answer my email with a solution and I can make time to learn "inking" sometime soon. I switched gears to make sense out of the notes I had taken while meeting with Jeanie last week -- the paper isn't due till November 21, but there's lots to do before then! I have a good lead on literature of discourse analysis in composition research, so I have some work to do before Jeanie and I get together a month from now to write the zero draft.

I made the "Sake-Steamed Salmon" recipe from the wsj again this evening. It has a unique and nuanced Asian taste, but takes too many ingredients and is too complicated in proportions needed in different parts of the preparation for my approach to cooking. I'll file the recipe away and go back to Nigella Express!

My verdict of the day. It could be classified as "super" -- it had the proper content (see post of June 16), but I'm left feeling more fragmented than satisfied. Tomorrow's another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you had a "super" day. you deserve one!