Monday, June 30, 2008

Words failed me

Today I did something that I do not remember ever having done before. I wanted to save a small part of a document before I elimated it from the full document. I somehow -- and I will never know how -- ended up with two copies of the short "eliminated" piece -- one with a new name (as I usually do) and one under the orginal name -- and no trace of the full original document. I serached high and low -- in folders and files. The AY2007-2008 Annual Report to AACSB on progress towards nmeeting the goals in the WCOB strategic plan had been eliminated in the click of a mouse! Or -- dare I think it --as the act of gremlins hidden in the @#**! Vista operating system on my new computer!

Maybe you heard my screams from wherever you are!

All was not really as bad as it first appeared -- in fact even as I exclaimed in disbelief, I knew that I could reconstruct the document. I had a printout from two versions ago, and electronic copy of the version before that, and reasonable current memory of the detailed editing that I was doing when the mishap occured.

A good (?!) hour later, and all was in order again. Whew! I won't do that again -- I hope!

A suitable last memory for the month of June, which has not been a productive one for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how can you EVEN say that you didn't have a productive month!

you've produced much. will proof your latest AACSB "production" tomorrow am.