I've reached a low point of the writing process. I'm unconvinced by our argument, my diagams are ridiculous, the references to ground the scholarship are either too few or too many, depending on the section, and the whole paper's a mess. It's not that I haven't worked on it -- paragraph by paragraph in short bursts throughout the day. But at the moment I know it will embarass us -- and Ulla's and my mantra is always that no matter how small our contribution, as long as we are not embarassed making the presentation or submitting the paper, it's OK. At the moment I'm embarassed.
Will I feel better about it tomorrow? Who knows? I've printed it out for a quiet read away from the screen, and Jack and are are heading out to dinner. I'll let you know tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment