Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Wednesday in Fairfield

I spent ALL the working day on CI Adminsitrivia -- though completing the AACSB annual Business Schools Questionnaire and designing the Digital Measures custom input/output screens are not really trivial! I needed to enter some BSQ data so that I could access the appropriate MBA admissions forms to send to the Graduate Admissions Director, but the inormation was the same as last year, so the process was a tedious rather than a decisions activity. That done, at about 9:30 AM, I turned to the scholarship/research area of the faculty activities database. My challenge was to make the output in the format of the WCOB AACSB-CVs, while having the input fields as simple as possible. I've been engaged in an email conversation with our Director of Research for weeks, and have been thinking about it most every day. Today I decided I would work until it was complete -- or at least until I could take a break and give it a final review later. (I'm determined to submit the task request before I leave for Sweden on Sunday.) I didn't even go to the Founder's Day lunch and celebration. At 4PM I reached the endpoint -- though I have just realized that I need to include four additional contributions and I'm not sure where. I hope I don't need to establish another data entry category!

In a while I'm out to dinner with Steve and Mary and two guests from the University of Nancy, France. We're going to an Italian restaurant! I'll blog again if anything exciting happens! Later ... nothing exciting: pleasant company, poor food.

No comments: