
I put my nose to the grindstone today and slogged through data entry for the Donor Decisions database. I must admit that when I heard a colleague speak about the need for a subscription to the Compustant database for a "real research instution" during today's A-sq meeting with a candiate to be our new dean (I attended by phone), I was somewhat envious -- I don't deny the need for this database for those who do secondary data research, but some of us construct our own databases! Be that as it may, I have LOTS of work still to do on this database and need to keep working diligently for the next week.
And, wonder of wonders! I had a "feedback" DM message from Rosemary. It acted as a reminder to get going on uploading the teaching schedules as .csv files. .... tomorrow ...
Gave the chili apron a break and patronized the restaurant that used to be our favorite fish place -- now an
"Italian Tapas" restaurant. And what, you may ask, is that? After being there, I still don't know!
2 comments:
small plates of italian food--sounds good to me.
But Tapas is Spanish! And the restaurant selections were regular sized appetizers! According to a recent NYT article, "(small plates)at some Italian restaurants they’re called cichetti. At a new Italian restaurant near Madison Square Park they called stuzzichini. And at an even newer Italian restaurant in Greenwich Village they’re being called piccolini."
Post a Comment