Friday, April 4, 2008

Friday workday

Ulla and I went by car to the university -- the journey took about 40 minutes. The ferry is considered to be part of the road system so there is no charge. I worked dilgently all day: on administrivia, reading Normann and Ramirez for our next paper on interactive strategy as essential for strategic design management, drafting our presentation power-point for the DMI conference (and let me tell you, from my experience, these designer types always have nifty slides!) and entering Charity Navigator data into the DD database. I also skimmed several works-in-progess papers emailed me by Swedish colleagues in anticipation of working with them next week and Skyped with Jack. Finally Ulla and I had coffee with Karl, an earnest young man determined to change the world via changing systems to be analogous with shareware -- he'll be presenting his ideas in Paris and was delighted to have a chance to talk through them with an audience of "design managers." All-in-all a solid eight hours of work. (And no photo taking!) Then back to Ockero for a quiet evening. No special plans for the weekend. All I know is that in Sweden people do have a weekend -- work-work is frwoned upon.

No comments: