Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sunday- family and friends

The day dawned clear and bright -- despite a http://www.weather.com/ forecast of torrential rain. I checked out the view from my bedroom window, and realized I could see Bon Marche in one direction and "community bicycles" in another.











I had a lunch invitation from my cousin Pam (only cousin on my father's side). She's lived in Paris (or very close by) for all her adult life. She came for me by car, then we went back to her house in Surenes for lunch and to catch up with the family news -- her two children and two grandchilden, and my three children and six grandchildren. After lunch Pam's friend Sue came over to make plans for them to visit our Florida place next month for a relaxing golfing holiday. I admired Pam's rose bush as we left -- I wish I could capture the fragrance on this blog, and I took the metro back to the hotel.









After a practice run-through with Ulla of our presentation, we went to a pre-conference reception at a bar on the Champs Elysee, then out to dinner at brasserie Lipp with others from the Business & Design Lab. There are two photos so you can see everyone's face!







Clockwise from left: Lisbeth, Ulla, Henning. Marcus, Maria, and Anna.
As you can see, we had a good evening!

No comments: