Thursday, April 17, 2008
Repeat activities - solo
Everything I did today I had done before -- but this time I was on my own because Ulla went to the university. I managed the washing machine (no small feat given that different preferences for washing machines were at one time a stumbling block for EU integration!) and did not get lost when I cycled to the grocery store (though I was as long trying to find the exact type and age of cheese on my shopping list as it took for all the rest of the shopping) and also to the fishmonger (who greeted me as a long-lost "English-only" friend!) I even assumed Ulla's persona to work (virtually) in the Vaxjo University library. All-in-all it was a culturally comfortable -- and good research -- day. And I've already posted photos of all these activities, so this is a text-only blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment