Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Quiet Monday

I slept late and got up early (relatively speaking in terms of time zones) and had no idea what time it was all day long (my body clock was not functioning.) Ulla went early to the University so Kaj (Ulla's fiance) and I each worked on our editing projects (he translating the second edition of his book on Reflexive Methodology from Swedish into English) and I translating Maria's paper from Swinglish into English. The paper is about their new MS in Business & Design that will use problem-based learning throughout. Apparently their management department is renowned for using this pedagogy -- so of course I added talking to someone ther to my "To Do" list. I enjoyed the view while I worked.











I took a walk to explore the nearby beach and harbor. The sun was quite warm but the breeze off the water was cold. I have noticed several windmills, though very few sailing boats. The beach has some dark muddy sand, small pebbles and lots of mussel, and periwinkle shells. The whole island is granite rocks, buffed smooth by the weather.



Ulla returned mid-afternoon and we drove to another part of the island to do some errands -- the post-office, ATM machine, and fish shop.





There was another harbor -- this one more commercial.

Dinner was a delicious selection from the fish shop -- small fresh shrimp, fishcakes and fish pate. Later we planned our work together for the next few days. And now I don't know wh ether I'm going to bed late or early or late!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pictures Jill. the island/harbour look beautiful and peaceful.